Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Clamp the Spring Compressor VAG 1752/2 or equivalent in a vise.
- Install the strut into the spring compressor.
- Pry off the mounting bolt cap.
- Compress the coil spring and remove the self-locking nut from the piston rod.
- Matchmark the position of the spring retainer and spring mount.
Spring seat and related components noting the order of removal.
- Install the new spring into the compressor.
- Compress the spring and insert the strut through the spring.
- Install the spring seat and related components in the reverse order as they were removed and aligning the matchmarks.
- Install a new self-locking nut.
- Reinstall the mounting bolt cap.
- Release the spring compressor and install the strut into the vehicle.