Removal & Installation
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the electrical connector.
- Unscrew the switch using a wrench to break it loose.
- Remove the back up light switch from the housing.
- Keep the O-ring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Clean the area surrounding the switch on the side of the transmission as necessary.
- Disconnect the switch electrical connector at the side of the transmission.
- Remove the switch from the transmission by turning it counterclockwise.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal making sure to install the switch with a new seal if so equipped.
To test the back-up light circuit remove the electrical connector at the switch and install a fused jumper wire between the two electrical terminals, turn the ignition switch to the on position and the back-up lights should operate.