Removal & Installation
The A2 (1990-92 Golf and Jetta) and A3 (1993-99 Golf and Jetta / 1995-99 Cabriolet) chassis may have been equipped with a rear sway bar from the factory, although it is not removable because it is an integral part of the rear axle.
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the sway bar link fasteners.
- Remove the sway bar bushing bracket fasteners and remove the sway bar.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal noting the following:
- Replace the fasteners and torque as follows:
1998-00 Passat Models