Washer Pump & Reservoir
Removal & Installation
The reservoir is held in place with a single nut that can be reached with a long extension and socket. It may be easier to remove the nut and lift the reservoir out to disconnect the pump wiring and hose. The pump is held in place with a grommet and can be easily pulled out.Reservoir
- Remove the reservoir mounting fasteners.
- Disconnect the pump electrical connector(s).
- Raise the reservoir upward and disconnect the fluid hose(s).
The windshield washer pump is mounted to the washer reservoir and sealed and held in place by a rubber grommet. To remove the pump:
- If necessary remove the windshield washer reservoir.
- Detach the electrical connector from the pump.
- Drain the washer fluid reservoir or place a drain pan underneath to catch the fluid when the pump is removed.
- Carefully remove the pump from the reservoir, taking care to not damage the sealing grommet.
- Inspect the rubber sealing grommet and if cracked, brittle or damaged replace it.
- Lubricate the rubber grommet with washer fluid or a mild liquid soap.
- Press the pump and its pickup into the reservoir making sure it is fully seated.
- Refill the reservoir and check for fluid leaks and normal operation.