Refer to the applicable precautions for this system before performing the following operation. Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.
The compressor bracket and related parts can be removed and installed without discharging A/C refrigerant system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the ribbed belt.
- Remove the alternator, as outlined in the Engine Electrical section.
- Disconnect the compressor hoses.
- Loosen the compressor bolts, knock-back clamping sleeves on compressor, then remove bolts completely.
- If necessary, remove the compressor bracket.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the retainers as shown in the accompanying illustration. Charge the A/C system.