When testing the ignition system, be sure to check the following:
- Check the fuses for the ignition coils in the fuse box. All must be ok.
- Battery voltage must be at least 11.5 volts.
- All electrical consumers such as, lights and rear window defroster must be switched off.
- The parking brake must be engaged or else the daylight driving lights will be switched on.
- For vehicles with automatic transmission, the selector lever must be in P position.
- If the vehicle is equipped with an A/C system, it must be switched off.
- Make sure the ground connections between the engine and chassis are clean and free of any corrosion.