Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove engine covers at the front of the engine compartment and underneath the vehicle.
- Mark the rotation direction of the drive belt.
- Insert an M8x50 bolt into the threaded hole of the belt tensioner roller and tighten just enough until tension is off belt and drive belt can be removed.
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
- Remove the necessary components to gain access to the front of the engine.
- Place the crankshaft at TDC for no. 1 cylinder.
- Mark the camshaft timing chain rotation direction with a paint mark.
- Remove the camshaft roller chain tensioner.
- Remove the 8 mounting bolts and remove the chain front cover
- Disconnect the front exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold.
- Check that timing is at TDC by looking down between timing chain sprockets of the intermediate shaft. A groove should be visible between the chain edges.
If the groove cannot be seen, turn crankshaft one more revolution until groove can be seen.
- Insert camshaft gauge T10068 into both camshaft grooves.
If the gauge cannot be inserted, rotate crankshaft about .20 inches (5 mm) above TDC position until gauge can be inserted.
Markings -A- and -B- on the camshaft adjusters must match the notches of control housing -C.-