Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Push the antenna rod in fully.
Remove the rod antenna union nut.
- Pull off the antenna foot.
- Remove the cover in the engine compartment above battery.
Remove the hood Ground (GND) cable (see arrow in illustration) on inner fender.
Release the engine compartment trim securing clips on the left-hand fender, then and fold the trim downwards.
Remove the nut (made of synthetic material) from the rod antenna bracket and remove bracket.
Separate the antenna wire in engine compartment at the threaded connection, and when doing this unclip the antenna wire from retainer.
CAUTIONMake sure the negative battery cable is disconnected. When pulling out the rod antenna it is possible that the rod antenna can contact the negative terminal. This will cause a total battery short if the battery is not disconnected. There is the distinct danger of skin burns or the battery exploding.
- Pull the antenna rod downwards through assembly hole in fender to remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Enter the radio code and reset clock if necessary.