Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of the following special tools, or their equivalents:
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove front wheel and tire assemblies.
- Removing the torsion bar, as outlined in this section.
- Unbolt both shock absorbers from the control arm and completely slide upward.
- Remove the coupling rods from lower control arm.
Unbolt the tie rods from the steering gear.
- Remove the front exhaust pipe
On vehicles with reinforced stabilizer (27mm in diameter), perform the following:
- Unfasten the bolt from the universal joint at steering pinion, then remove the steering gear from steering column.
- Unbolt the steering gear from the subframe.
- Unscrew the stabilizer clamp from the subframe.
Rotate the stabilizer bar upward about 90°, then pull it out toward left at the same time. Check the right coupling rod when removing stabilizer bar.