If the cooling system contains coolant, the coolant hoses must be pinched off before disconnecting.
The cooling system is under extreme pressure when the engine is warm. Before beginning this procedure, make sure to wear gloves, goggles and take the appropriate precautions to avoid personal injury.
- Remove the expansion tank.
- Loosen the clip and remove the cable.
- Clamp coolant hoses as close as possible to valve.
- Loosen spring type hose clamps and pull coolant hoses off.
- Remove regulating valve from expansion tank console.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Fill with coolant after installation of the Heater Valve.