Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Wait 10 minutes for the battery back-up power to discharge.
- Remove the air bag unit and steering wheel, as outlined in this section.
- Remove trim below steering column switch.
- Remove trim above steering column switch.
Detach the connector from the steering column by pulling in direction of the arrow, shown in the accompanying illustration.
- Disconnect harness connectors to signal and windshield wiper switch.
Unfasten the mounting bolts, then disconnect signal and windshield wiper switch from steering column.
- Disconnect harness connector from steering lock housing.
- Drill out mounting bolt for steering lock housing.
- Install hex nut on steering column to secure steering wheel.
- Remove clamping washer.
- Pull off steering lock housing from steering column tube and steering rod tube.
- Set steering lock housing in place and lightly tighten using new snap-off screw.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.