REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Procedures for discharging and servicing the air conditioning system are described in General Information And Maintenance . If a refrigerant recovery/recycling machine is not available, this job should be done at the dealer or a shop that has this equipment.
- Drain the cooling system and discharge the air conditioning system into a recovery/recycling machine. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, remove the console.
- Remove the instrument panel pad.
- Remove the radio and the glove box.
- Remove the dash completely. Unplug the wiring/vacuum connections and disconnect the speedometer cable.
- Disconnect the cables from the evaporator housing. Remove the retaining bolts, heater core hoses and the evaporator inlet and outlet hoses. Cap or plug the hoses immediately.
- Remove the evaporator housing from the vehicle. Separate the halves of the evaporator housing, then remove the evaporator.
- After assembling the evaporator housing, install it into the vehicle and complete the installation in the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Fill the cooling system. Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.