REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure figFIG
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition OFF and depress the brake pedal 25-35 times to depressurize the modulator assembly. Disconnect the pump or battery to prevent unintended pressurization.
- Inside the vehicle near the right tail light, locate and disconnect the ABS control unit and the ground connection.
- Remove the brake fluid from the reservoir with a suction pump.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the modulator assembly and protect the connections from contamination with suitable plugs.
- Working inside the vehicle, remove the left shelf under the dash to gain access to the brake pedal linkage. Remove the clevis bolt and disconnect the pedal.
- Unfasten the locknuts and remove the pressure modulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Use new locknuts and torque to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Refill the reservoir with new brake fluid and bleed the system, as described later in this section.