REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The ABS hydraulic modulator is capable of self-pressurizing and can generate pressures above 3000 psi anytime the ignition switch is turned ON. Relieve the system pressure before testing or repairing the hydraulic system. Improper repair or test procedures can cause serious or fatal injury.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- If equipped with ABS, make sure the ignition switch stays OFF and pump the brake pedal 25-35 times to relieve the system pressure.
- At the rear axle beam, disconnect the spring and relieve the pressure by pushing the lever towards the axle.
- Using a line wrench, disconnect the lines from the valve.
- Remove the retaining nuts and remove the valve from the frame.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Bleed the brake system.