REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Self-Adjusting Cable
See Figure 1
- Loosen the adjustment.
- Disengage the cable from the clutch arm.
- Unhook the cable from the pedal. Remove the threaded eye from the end of the cable. Remove the adjustment nut(s).
- Remove the C-clip which holds the outer cable at the adjustment point. Remove all the washers and bushings, first noting their locations.
- Pull the cable out of the firewall toward the engine compartment side.
- Install and connect the new cable. Adjust the pedal free-play.
- Depress the pedal and release several times.
- Compress the spring located under the boot at the top of the adjuster mechanism and remove the cable at the release lever.
- Unhook the eye from the clutch pedal and remove the cable.
- Install the new cable onto the pedal. Compress the spring and have a helper pull the cable down and install to the release lever.
- If the adjuster spring is retained by a strap, remove the strap after cable installation.
- Depress the clutch pedal several times to adjust the cable.