REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
With turbo-diesel and 16-valve engines, the clutch pedal has an over-center spring. A special tool is required to hold the spring for removal and installation.
- If only the over-center spring is to be removed, do not loosen the steering column. If the pedal is being removed, loosen the steering column and move it to the side.
- Press the pedal and install the special retaining tool, 3113A.
- Remove the clip to disconnect the cable from the pedal.
- Remove the pin and remove the pedal from the bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Remove the tool after installing the over-center spring.