REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the injector lines using a line or flare nut wrench.
Remove the injector lines as a complete set. DO NOT attempt to bend or alter the configuration of the lines in any way. These lines are pre-formed for precise flow.
- Remove the injectors from the cylinder head using tool US 2775 or an equivalent deep socket.
- Remove the injector heat shields from the cylinder head. This should be done as part of an injector replacement.
- Install new heat shields into the head with the concave portion facing down (as shown in the illustration).
- Install the injectors into the head, then torque to 51 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Connect the injector lines and torque the line nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). It will be necessary to use a crow's foot attachment on the torque wrench to properly tighten the fittings.
- Connect the battery cable.