REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The regulator can be removed without removing the fuel rail assembly. When installing the regulator, use a new O-ring and hose clamp.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the pressure regulator.
- Slide the spring clamps up the hose (away from the connections), then disconnect the hoses from the pressure regulator. Discard the clamps.
- Remove the bolts securing the pressure regulator, then pull it out from the fuel rail. Discard the O-ring.
- Install a new O-ring on the pressure regulator. Lightly coat the O-ring with gasoline.
- Carefully push the pressure regulator into the fuel rail. Tighten the securing bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the fuel hoses to the pressure regulator using new clamps.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the pressure regulator and the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.