REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body.
- Remove the bolts securing the throttle body, then remove it.
- Clean the gasket mating surface and discard the old gasket.
- Install the throttle body with a new gasket.
- Thread the bolts in by hand first, then tighten them to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hoses and accelerator cable to the throttle body.
- Adjust the throttle valve basic setting and the throttle cable.
- Install the air intake hose.
- Adjust the idle speed.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Unplug the vacuum hose from the carbon canister control valve on the throttle body. Install a vacuum gauge to the fitting on the throttle body.
- Start the engine and let it idle. At idle, there should be 0 inches of Hg; however up to 1 inch is acceptable. If it is greater than this, the throttle valve must be adjusted.
- Back the throttle valve adjusting screw out until a gap occurs between the screw and the throttle stop.
- Slide a thin piece of paper between the screw and the throttle stop. Turn the screw in until the paper will not slide out, plus an additional 1 / 2 turn.
- Repeat the vacuum test.
Refer to the accelerator cable adjustments outlined in the CIS/CIS-E systems.