REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Battery electrolyte (acid) is highly corrosive and can damage both you and the paint work. Be careful when lifting the battery in and out of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
- Remove the bolt and the retaining plate/clamp.
- If equipped, disconnect the small electrical lead for the computer.
- Lift the battery carefully out of the tray.
- Clean all corrosion deposits from the battery tray and the retaining plate with a baking soda and water solution to neutralize the acid.
- When dry, spray the tray and retaining plate with rust preventive paint.
- Install the battery and the retaining plate with the bolt. Clean the inside of the cables and coat them with grease or silicone compound after installation.