REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The voltage regulator is attached to the rear of the alternator and includes the brushes. Since no adjustment can be performed on the regulator, it is serviced by replacement only.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the mounting screws, then remove the regulator.
- Measure the free length of the brushes. If they are less than 7 / 32 in. (5mm) in length, the regulator must be replaced.
- Position the regulator on the alternator, then tighten the screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.