REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- The thermostat is in the bottom of the water pump housing and the lower radiator hose connects to the thermostat housing. Place a large drain pan under the thermostat housing. On some models, it will be necessary to position the power steering pump aside.
- Remove the radiator cap and drain the cooling system.
- Loosen one bolt at a time until coolant begins to flow. Allow this residual coolant to drain into a pan.
- Remove both bolts, then remove the thermostat. It's not necessary to disconnect the radiator hose.
- Discard the O-ring on the thermostat housing.
- Place the thermostat into the water pump housing, then install the new O-ring. Install the housing and torque the bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Fill the cooling system. Start the engine and check for leaks.