REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the hood.
- Tape the edges of the fender and door to prevent damage to the paint finish.
- If necessary, use a heat gun and razor blade to soften and cut the PVC bead where the fender meets the A-pillar. Be careful not to use too much heat.
- Remove the front bumper.
- Remove any screws securing the inner fender liner to the fender.
- Remove the bolts securing the fender, then remove it from the vehicle.
- Position the fender on the vehicle. Be sure the zinc foil plates are in place at the bolt holes on the body, as these prevent corrosion between the metal body parts. Carefully lower the hood and be sure it does not rub on the fender (there should be an equal gap on both sides of the hood).
- When the fender is correctly positioned, tighten the retaining bolts securely.
- If necessary, attach the inner fender liner to the fender.
- Install the front bumper.
- Apply a new bead of body (PVC) sealer where the fender meets the A-pillar.
- Remove the tape from the edges of the door and fender. Close the hood.