REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the hood and support it securely. Cover the painted areas of the body to protect the finish from being damaged. Scribe the hood hinge-to-hood locations for installation.
- If applicable, unplug the washer nozzle hoses.
- While an assistant holds the hood, remove the hinge-to-hood retaining bolts.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Align the hood with the scribe marks, then tighten the bolts until snug. Check the position of the hood and adjust as necessary.
- When adjustment is completed, torque the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
Loosen the hinge to hood attaching bolts and move the hood from side to side until there is an equal amount of clearance on both sides of the hood and fender. Tighten the hood bolts.