REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the rear hatch fully and support it in place.
- Carefully remove the trim fasteners with a flat screwdriver and remove the trim.
- Disconnect the wiring and any tubing.
- Remove the ball studs from both the upper and lower ends of the struts and remove them.
- Mark the position of the hinge on the hatch, then remove the nuts/bolts.
- Remove the rear hatch.
- Align the hatch with the scribe marks made earlier and loosely install the bolts/nuts.
- Connect the struts to the hatch. Engage any electrical wiring.
- If necessary, adjust the hatch, then tighten the nuts/bolts securely.
- To align the front-to-rear position of the hatch, loosen the hinge attaching bolts on both the hatch and the body.
- Position the hatch so the gap is even all the way around the hatch.
- To adjust the hatch closing position, loosen both the lock and striker bolts.