REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The speedometer cable should not be kinked or greased. When installing the Scirocco speedometer cable, attach the cable to the bracket so the speedometer cable will not contact the clutch cable.
On models with EGR elapsed mileage counters, there are two cables. One section runs from the transaxle to the EGR counter and a shorter section runs from the counter to the instrument cluster.
- On 1 cable vehicles (or if replacing the shorter piece on 2 cable vehicles) reach in behind the instrument cluster from below and detach the speedometer cable from the rear of the cluster. Either unscrew the cable end or squeeze the retaining tabs while pulling the cable end from the instrument cluster.
- If equipped, unscrew the speedometer cable attachments from the EGR elapsed mileage counter.
- Unless you are only replacing the longer piece on a 2 cable system, unsnap the rubber grommet from the dash panel support and the firewall. Pull the speedometer cable through the hole.
- If applicable, use pliers to unscrew the cable from the transaxle. Remove the cable(s) from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.