REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Lower the window glass and remove the inner handle cover, door lock knob, the window regulator handle and the door trim panel.
- On vehicles with power windows, disconnect the wiring coupling.
- Carefully peel off the door screen so that it can be reused.
- On convertible models remove the seven screws attaching the window regulator to the door and one screw from the winder.
The window regulator may be riveted to the door on later model vehicles. Drill the rivets out to remove and use nuts, bolts and lock washers for installation.
- Temporarily install the window regulator handle and position the door glass so that the bolts can be removed from the service hole. Remove the door glass installation bolts.
- On convertible models, remove the door glass and take out the window regulator through the large access hole. On other models, remove the door glass. Disconnect the retainer clips from the window winder, then remove the winder through the service access hole.
- Position and install the window regulator in the door.
- Install the glass.
- Install the door screen.
- On models with power windows, engage the wiring.
- Install the trim panel and all other remaining components.