REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Lower the window glass and remove the inner handle cover, door lock knob (if necessary), the window regulator handle and the door trim panel.
- Disconnect the wiring coupling. Carefully peel off the door screen so that it can be reused.
- Pull the glass run channel out of the window guide. Remove the retaining screws that secure the front and rear window guides and remove the window guides. Then remove the front quarter window glass from the vehicle.
The window regulator may be riveted to the door on later model vehicles. Drill the rivets out to remove and use nuts, bolts and lock washers for installation.
- On the convertible models remove the six bolts attaching the window regulator to the door.
- Temporarily install the window regulator handle, then position the door glass so that the door glass installation bolts can be removed from the service hole.
- Remove the door glass installation bolts.
- On the convertible models, remove the door glass and take out the window regulator through the large access hole.
- On all other models, remove the door glass. Remove the winder cable installation clips, then remove the window winder through the service access hole.
- Unfasten the window motor mounting bolts, then remove the motor from the regulator/winder cable.
- Lubricate the front quarter window glass gasket.
- Install the motor in the door and connect the winder cable.
- Position and install the window regulator in the door.
- Install the glass.
- Install the glass run channel.
- Install the door screen.
- Engage the wiring.
- Install the trim panel and all other remaining components.