REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place a catch pan under the power steering pump to catch the fluid.
- Remove the suction hose and the pressure line from the pump, then drain the fluid into the catch pan (discard the fluid).
- Loosen the tensioning bolt at the front of the tensioning bracket and remove the drive belt from the pump pulley.
- Remove the pump mounting bolts and lift the pump from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Torque the mounting bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) and adjust the drive belt. Fill the reservoir with approved power steering fluid and bleed the system.
- Fill the reservoir to the MAX level mark with approved power steering fluid.
- With the engine idling, turn the wheels from the right to the left side as far as possible, several times.
- Refill the reservoir to the MAX level and repeat the procedure until the level does not change.