REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Before beginning this procedure, check the avalibility of the necessary parts. VW does not sell the impulse sensor ring alone. It is sold only as part of the brake rotor. This component is also know as the wheel speed sensor.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and remove the sensor from the steering knuckle.
- The rotor is pressed into the rear of the brake rotor or on some models it is located on the outer constant velocity joint.
- On the rear wheels the sensor is located in the brake rotor.
- Remove the rear sensor by removing the wheel bearing and then the brake rotor.
- Insert a drift pin through the wheel bolt holes and gently tap the sensor ring to remove it.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.