With the ignition switch OFF , pump the brake pedal 25-35 times to depressurize the system. The system will recharge itself via the electric pump as soon as the ignition is turned ON . Disconnect the pump or the battery to prevent unintended pressurization. The system can then be serviced and bled normally.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Turn the ignition OFF and depress the brake pedal 25-35 times to depressurize the modulator assembly. Disconnect the pump or battery to prevent unintended pressurization.
- Inside the vehicle near the right tail light, locate and disconnect the ABS control unit and the ground connection.
- Remove the brake fluid from the reservoir with a suction pump.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the modulator assembly and protect the connections from contamination with suitable plugs.
- Working inside the vehicle, remove the left shelf under the dash to gain access to the brake pedal linkage. Remove the clevis bolt and disconnect the pedal.
- Remove the locknuts and remove the pressure modulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Use new locknuts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Refill the reservoir with new brake fluid and bleed the system.