REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and unbolt the sensor from the steering knuckle or stub axle.
- The rotor portion of the sensor assembly is secured to the inside of the wheel hub. To remove the front rotor, the hub must be pressed out of the front wheel bearing.
On the rear wheels, the sensor is pressed into the brake rotor. To remove it:
Remove the wheel bearing and the brake rotor.
- When reinstalling, use a suitable sleeve to drive the speed sensor rotor into the brake rotor evenly. When the cover ring is installed, the distance from the ring to the splash shield should be 0.375 inch (9.5mm).
- When reinstalling the sensor, use a dry lubricant on the sides of the sensor and tighten the bolt to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).