REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The voltage regulator is attached to the rear of the alternator and includes the brushes. Since no adjustment can be performed on the regulator, it is serviced only by replacement.
- If equipped, remove the cover on the back of the alternator.
- It is not necessary to disconnect any wiring. Remove the mounting screws and remove the regulator.
- Measure the free length of the brushes. If they are less than about 5mm ( 7 / 32 inches), the regulator must be replaced. New brushes are 13mm ( 1 / 2 inch) long.
- Install the new regulator and tighten the screws.
- If equipped, install the cover on the back of the alternator.