REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Dash mounted speakers can be accessed after removing the appropriate trim panel. These panels are usually retained by screws and clips. Be sure you have removed all of the attaching screws before prying the panel from the dash. Do not use excessive force on the panel as this will only lead to damage. Once the panel has been removed, loosen the speaker attaching bolts/screws, then pull the speaker from the dash and unplug the electrical connection.Door and panel mounted
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any necessary paneling to gain access to the speaker.
- Remove the protective mesh grill if applicable.
- Unfasten the speaker mounting screws.
- Pull the speaker partially up, then detach the electrical connector.
- Remove the speaker from the vehicle.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Removing the rear speakers involves basically the same procedure as the front speakers. Remove the appropriate trim panel, then remove the speaker. The rear speakers on some models can be accessed from inside the trunk.