REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the rear hatch fully and support it in place.
- Carefully remove the trim fasteners with a flat screwdriver and remove the trim.
- Disconnect the wiring and any tubing.
- Remove the ball studs from both the upper and lower ends of the struts and remove them.
- Remove the rear hatch hinge bolts and remove the rear hatch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Open and support the trunk lid securely.
- If necessary, remove the inner panel to disconnect any wiring or tubing.
- Mark the position of the trunk lid hinge in relation to the trunk lid.
- With an assistant, remove the two bolts attaching the hinge to the trunk lid. Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the scribe marks and tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- To align the front-to-rear position of the hatch, loosen the hinge attaching bolts on both the hatch and the body.
- Position the hatch so the gap is even all the way around the hatch.
- To adjust the hatch closing position, loosen both the lock and striker bolts.
To make the front-to-rear or side-to-side adjustment, loosen the trunk lid attaching bolts and move the trunk lid as necessary. Tighten the trunk lid attaching bolts. To make the up-and-down adjustment, loosen the hinge-to-hinge support attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary. The trunk lid is at the correct height when it is flush with the trunk deck.