REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover as required.
- Remove the air duct from the throttle body and disconnect the accelerator cable.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum and coolant hoses as required.
- Label and disconnect any remaining wiring as required.
- Disconnect the fuel supply and return lines.
- Disconnect any intake manifold support brackets.
- If equipped, disconnect the EGR pipe.
- If equipped, remove the bolts to separate the upper intake manifold from the lower intake manifold.
- Remove the bolts and remove the manifold from the cylinder head.
- Place clean shop rags into the cylinder head openings to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
Install the intake manifold(s) to the cylinder head with a new gasket(s). Tighten the bolts as follows:
1.8L and 2.8L (AHA) engines: 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- On 6-cylinder engines, if the fuel injectors were removed, examine the injector O-rings and replace as required. Install the injectors and rail.
- Connect fuel system hoses or install the injectors now to protect the system.
- Connect all vacuum hoses and wiring.
- If equipped, connect the EGR pipe.
- Connect and adjust the throttle cable as required.
- Install the remaining components and run the engine to check idle speed and ignition timing.
- Check and clear any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).