REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove timing belt cover(s), timing belt and intermediate shaft drive sprocket.
- On 8 valve gasoline engines, remove distributor.
- Remove the mounting flange retaining bolts. Reinstall sprocket bolt and remove the flange and shaft by pulling on the sprocket bolt.
- Remove flange from the intermediate shaft and install new oil seal.
- Install in reverse order of removal. Lubricate the oil seal lips. When installing the mounting flange, be sure to align the oil return hole at the bottom. Tighten the flange mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).