REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- On CIS-E Motronic systems pull the injectors straight out of the intake manifold using a tool designed specifically for the job. Fuel injector removal tools are sold at most automotive suppliers or at your local VW dealer.
- Now hold the fitting with a line wrench and unscrew the injector.
- The injectors can now be removed from the lines if desired.
- Install the fuel injectors on the lines.
- Lubricate the injector O-rings with a spray lubricant or gasoline.
- Install the injectors.
- Unplug the connector at the end of the fuel rail.
- Connect a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) to the terminals and measure the resistance
- If the resistance is high, remove the wiring from each injector and recheck each individually.
- The resistance should be between 14-18 ohms.
- If the injectors are not within specification, replace them with new ones.