REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- On 2.0L engines, remove the upper intake manifold to gain access to the fuel rail.
- Detach the injector wiring harness connectors.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Detach the vacuum hose from the pressure regulator.
- Loosen the clamps and remove the fuel supply hose.
- Detach the fuel return hose.
- Remove the fuel rail retaining bolts.
- Remove the fuel rail and the injectors as an assembly away from the intake manifold.
- The procedure for the installation of the fuel rail and the injectors is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Always replace the fuel injector O-rings with new ones every time the injectors have been removed. Check that all vacuum hoses and electrical connections have been made. Always check for fuel leaks immediately after the engine has been started.
- Tighten the fuel rail bolts to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm) on 2.0L engines.