REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Detach the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the air intake duct and place it off to the side of the throttle valve housing.
- Remove the throttle position sensor wiring harness.
- Detach the accelerator cable from the housing of the throttle valve.
- On the VR-6 engine, remove the expansion tank filler cap. Clamp off any coolant hoses that connect to the throttle body and then remove them.
- On four (4) cylinder models, detach the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) vent hose from its port on the throttle body.
- Remove all attaching bolts that hold the throttle body to the intake manifold.
- Remove the throttle body.
- Use a new gasket any time the throttle body has been removed from the intake manifold. If this gasket were to leak, an unmetered air source would enter the engine thus creating a lean condition in the cylinders.
- If you are replacing the throttle body housing, remember to transfer all sensors to the new unit before installing it back on the intake manifold.
- The remainder of the installation procedure is the reverse of removal.