REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the bezel in order to gain access to the control head.
- Remove the screws that fasten the control head to the instrument panel. Remove the control panel and disconnect the blower switch wiring.
- Pry the cable clips free and disconnect the cables from the control levers to remove the control head.
- Release the clips to disconnect the cables from the heater. Take note of the cable routing.
- Fit the cables into place but don't install the retaining clips yet.
- Connect the self-adjusting clip to the door crank and secure the cable.
- Connect the upper end of the cable to the control head.
- Place the temperature lever on the coolest side of its travel. Allowing the self-adjusting clip to slide on the cable, rotate the door counterclockwise by hand until it stops.
- Cycle the lever back and forth a few times to make sure the cable moves freely.
- Move the temperature control lever to the full cold position.
- With the control cable attached to the air mix door link, pull the cable housing out and push the inner cable in the opposite direction.
- Secure the cable in this position with the retaining clamp.
- Operate the temperature control lever and check freedom of movement at full stroke range.