REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. If equipped with SRS, wrap the cable in insulated tape, then wait at least 60 seconds before continuing to allow the SRS system time to disable.
If equipped with SRS, be careful not to let the console bump against the SRS-ECU during removal and installation.
- If equipped, remove the rear floor console.
- If necessary, remove the ashtray and cup holder assemblies.
- If equipped, remove the carpet inserts from the floor console assembly.
- On manual transaxle equipped models, remove the manual transaxle shifter knob.
- On some models, remove the transaxle shift lever trim plate.
- Remove the screw plugs in the side covers. Remove the retainer screws and the side covers from the vehicle.
- Remove the front mounting screw cover from the floor console.
- Label and detach the electrical wire harness connections for the floor console.
- Remove the retaining screws and the floor console from the vehicle.
- Install the floor console in position in the vehicle and secure with the retaining screws.
- The installation is the reverse of removal.