REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ABS hydraulic modulator is capable of self-pressurizing and can generate pressures above 3000 psi. any time the ignition switch is turned ON. Relieve the system pressure before testing or repairing the hydraulic system. Improper repair or test procedures can cause serious or fatal injury.
- If equipped with ABS, make sure the ignition switch stays OFF and pump the brake pedal 25-35 times to relieve the system pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands and remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable.
- Loosen the hydraulic line.
- Use a back-up wrench to hold the guide pins and remove the caliper bolts.
- Lift the caliper off the carrier and unscrew it from the hydraulic line.
- The installation is the reverse of removal.
- Bleed the brakes.