The coolant level sensor, located in the coolant reservoir, sends a signal to the indicator light in the instrument cluster to warn the driver of a low coolant level.
If the level of the coolant in the reservoir is full, and the indicator light in the instrument cluster is illuminated, proceed as follows:
- With the key in the ON position, unplug the harness connector from the coolant reservoir.
- Using a suitable jumper wire, connect the two terminals together.
- With the key in the ON position, and the terminals bridged, the light in the instrument cluster should extinguish.
- If the light extinguishes, replace the coolant level sensor.
- If the light continues to illuminate, check the wiring circuit for broken terminals, blown fuses, cut wires, etc. Refer to for more information.