REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Place a catch pan under the power steering pump to catch the fluid.
- Remove the suction hose and the pressure line from the pump, then drain the fluid into the catch pan (discard the fluid).
- Loosen the tensioning bolt at the front of the tensioning bracket and remove the drive belt from the pump pulley.
- Remove the pump mounting bolts and lift the pump from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the mounting bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) and adjust the drive belt. Fill the reservoir with approved power steering fluid and bleed the system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the power steering V-belt.
- Detach the hoses from the power steering pump and cover the ends of the hoses with a plastic bag to prevent dirt from entering.
- Remove the fasteners from the adjusting bracket. Then remove the bracket from the assembly.
- Disconnect the pivot bracket and the pump by removing the bolts.
- Pull the bracket and pump away from the engine as an assembly.
- Install the pump and the brackets as an assembly to the engine block.
- Install the adjusting bracket to the engine block and power steering pump.
- Attach the pump adjusting bracket.
- Install the lower power steering hose.
- Fill the reservoir with power steering fluid.
- To bleed the power steering pump, rotate the pump pulley by hand.
- Install the pressure hose.
- Install the V-belt.
- Fill the pump reservoir to the proper mark.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the reservoir to the MAX level mark with approved power steering fluid.
- With the engine idling, turn the wheels from the right to the left side as far as possible, several times.
- Refill the reservoir to the MAX level and repeat the procedure until the level does not change.