REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1990-94 Cabriolet, 1990-93 Fox, 1990-92 Golf and Jetta
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
On Cabriolet with an air bag, remove the spiral spring assembly.
- Remove the switch retaining screws.
- Pry the switch housing off the column.
- Disconnect the electrical plugs at the back of the switch.
- Remove the switch housing.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Center the steering wheel.
- Remove the air bag. As always follow all safety precautions.
- Remove the screws holding the steering column trim.
- Detach the steering column trim covers.
- Remove fasteners that are holding the switches to the column.
- Pull the switches away from the steering column and remove the wiring.
- Installation of the steering column switches is the reverse of the removal procedure.