REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When removing the wiper motor, leave the mounting frame in place. If possible, do not remove the wiper drive crank from the motor shaft.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove the water shield at the base of the windshield.
- Disconnect the relay rods from the wiper motor.
- Note the position of the crank arm on the shaft. When the motor is in the parked position, the arm should be about 4 degrees up from horizontal.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the bolts to remove the motor from the frame.
- Temporarily connect the wiring and run the motor. When the wiper switch is turned OFF , the motor will stop in the parked position.
- Install the motor and connect the linkage.
- Run the motor again and make sure the arms and blades are properly positioned when the motor stops.