In order to prevent damaging the trim panel under the drivers seat during removal, release of the trim panel locking tabs must be performed using the following procedure in the sequence given. Locking tabs (A) are engaged into a transverse member under the seat. Locking tabs (B) engage in slots located ahead of the seat. Retaining tabs (C) are clipped into side trim of seat
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Move the driver-s seat to the rearmost and highest position.
- Release locking tabs (A) by pressing down and rearward on the rear edge of the trim panel.
- Release locking tabs (B) and locating tabs (C) by pushing the front edge of the panel downward and pulling panel away from seat mounting frame.
- Pry upwards on the cover of the front seat spindle to remove it.
- Pull the front spindle trim from the seat track by pulling it out.
- Move the seat fully forward and to the highest position.
- Pry the rear seat spindle covers upwards to remove them.
- Pull off the rear spindle trim from the seat tracks.
- Carefully pry off the seat console side trim and pull it up and out.
- Remove the front bolts securing the seat to the floor then tilt the seat and frame to the rear.
- Remove the bolt securing the air duct to the battery box.
- Release the clips and remove the battery box cover.
Disconnect the negative battery cable first, then the positive.
NOTEFailure to disconnect the cables in the proper order will cause the main battery switch E74 to deactivate and may damage electrical system components.
- Remove the vent hose and battery retaining clamps, then lift the battery out.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following tightening torques:
NOTEBe sure to connect the positive cable first, then the negative.
Battery hold down bracket bolt: 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)