- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- The fuel filter housing in the fuel tank can be accessed from under the rear seat. Cut open the carpet in the pre-cut area.
Remove the 4 nuts from the filter housing cover. It may be necessary to remove the seat backrest support.
- Unplug any hose and electrical connections.
- Remove the locking ring. Tool T10202 or similar can be used.
- Pull the filter housing out and empty it of fuel.
- Matchmark the position of the filter cover.
- Disconnect the ground wire and remove the screws from the filter cover.
Remove the filter from the housing.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torque specifications:
Fuel filter cover: 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm)