Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- The fuel pumps in the fuel tank can be accessed from under the rear seat. Cut open the carpet in both pre-cut areas.
- Remove the 4 nuts from the housing covers. It may be necessary to remove the seat backrest support.
- Unplug any hose and electrical connections.
- Remove the locking rings. Tool T10202 or similar can be used.
- Remove both sending unit flanges.
- Unclip the black filler hose from both fuel delivering units in the tank.
Pull the fuel supply line off both delivery units. Remove both delivery units by twisting them quarter of a turn to the left. Be careful when removing them as fuel may run out.
- Unclip the fuel pumps on the bottom of each side, and remove them with a slight turn.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torque specifications:
Fuel filter cover: 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm)